With real estate inventory at record lows, many homeowners are considering selling. Many potential sellers have been holding out because of the pandemic and its fallout. On the buyer side, many would-be buyers became highly motivated at the same time.
If you would like to confidentially discuss your situation in detail with no pressure ever, please feel welcome to contact me. Since 2002, I've built my real estate agent business and my reputation by helping hundreds of people over the long term.
Why Sell Now?
Why Not Sell Now?
- Prices are at highs that we haven't seen since the last bubble peaked, 15 years ago.
- If you miss this peak, you may not have a chance to capture this much equity again until the next peak.
- Once other potential sellers realize that the market has peaked, there will me many more competing properties on the market.
- When inventory rises, or interest rates rise, or foreclosures increase, or any negative unforeseen event hits, the market psychology may start to shift. It can happen quickly.
- As famously said by the American statesman and financier Bernard Baruch, “Nobody ever went broke taking a profit.”
- There may be more choices for replacement properties with your new financial situation when you convert your equity to cash.
- If you can tolerate an extra move, it might be a good time to sell and rent until the market cools off.
- You're happy in your current home and don't care about capturing your equity.
- You can wait it out until the next market peak in 5 to 10 years or longer.
- You're considering a move in the same or higher price range and don't want to be a buyer in the current market.
- You're a gambler and want to ride the wave a little longer.
- You absolutely hate moving and will stay put as long as you can.
- You don't have enough equity in your home to move. You may have more than you think. I'm happy to provide a no-obligation evaluation. (If you're in a distress situation, we can confidentially discuss your options and I can provide referrals.)
If you would like to better understand your home's value and search for properties to replace it, please feel welcome to contact me for a confidential, no-obligation consultation. I've helped lots of people buy, sell, and invest. You can view a sample of testimonials from my hundreds of happy clients here.
If you would like to have a custom home search built and/or a detailed home value analysis, just ask.